Control Systems Engineer
Insight Engineering Australia
Insight Engineering is a dynamic and growing engineering firm based in Geelong, Victoria. We have clients from a diverse range of industry sectors locally, nationally and internationally. We design, develop and implementing electrical systems, equipment and solutions in a range of different industries.
We provide a range of electrical engineering services including:
- MES / MOM systems
- SCADA and HMI systems
- PLC systems
About the role
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Control Systems Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be experienced in delivering automation projects as a Control Systems Engineer.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Developing SCADA software across various platforms including Ignition, Citect, ClearSCADA, FTViewSE, Wonderware and iFix
- Extensive use of databases for the storage and retrieval of process data and generation of reports
- Programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) from various vendors such as Allen-Bradley, Schneider Unity Pro, Omron, Siemens, GE, Honeywell etc.
- Programming of Human Machine Interface software from various vendors
- Assisting with the preliminary designs and drawings for engineering projects
- Ensuring work complies with conditions and parameters set out in scope and in accordance with client practice and procedures
- Liaising with engineers with regards to designs and drawings to ensure project goals are met
- Project Management from initial concept to delivery
- Configuration of Variable Speed Drives
- Basic design of electrical circuits for motor control, instruments and controlled devices
- On site commissioning of automation systems
- Technical Report writing
- Involvement in resolving design issues and changes
- Liaising with suppliers and a variety of international and external stakeholders
- Contributing to continuous improvement and quality outcomes
- Being familiar with the Australian & International Standards such as AS3000 (Australian Wiring Rules), AS4024 (Safe Guarding of Machinery)
- Observing and practicing the Company policies, guidelines and procedures
Benefits and perks
This role is located in an office close to cafes, shops and public transport in Geelong’s River precinct.
We offer a competitive salary, family-friendly conditions, high-end technology and opportunities for career advancement.
Skills and experience
The person will have a degree in Electrical Engineering/Mechatronics/Robotics or Information Systems.
The successful candidate will also have 5+ years’ experience in:
- PLC programming, commissioning and fault finding on Allen Bradley Logix, Schneider Unity Pro and Siemens Simatic
- SCADA programming on Ignition, Citect, ClearSCADA, FTViewSE/Studio 5000, WinCC
- High level personal computer skills and technical ability
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Being committed to working safely
- Time management skills – the ability to manage and prioritise day to day workload whilst at the same time meeting both internal and client deadlines
- Professional and confidential approach with a positive attitude
- Problem solving, thinking logically and curiosity to do things better
- Demonstrated experience to deal effectively with people at all levels in a manner that represents excellent customer service
- Exposure to AutoCAD 2D or other Drafting Software is essential
If you are a Control Systems Engineer looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity at a company that values work-life balance, we encourage you to apply for this position. Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and experience.