Operational Technology Specialist
Insight Engineering Australia
Insight Engineering is a dynamic and growing engineering firm based in Geelong, Victoria. We have clients from a diverse range of industry sectors locally, nationally and internationally. At Insight Engineering we design, develop and implementing electrical systems, equipment and solutions in a range of different industries.
We provide a range of electrical engineering services including:
- MES / MOM systems
- SCADA and HMI systems
- PLC systems
About the role
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Operational Technology Specialist to join our team. As an Operation Technology Specialist, you will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and optimising Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) systems for our clients.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Analyse manufacturing processes and identify opportunities for improvement through MES and MOM systems
- Scope, design, implement, and commission high quality solutions centred around data availability, reporting, dashboarding, analytics, as well as other operational systems commonly used
- Design and implement MES and MOM solutions to optimise manufacturing processes and increase productivity
- Perform configuration, testing, and commissioning of MES and MOM systems
- Provide technical support to clients and troubleshoot issues related to MES and MOM systems
- Develop and deliver training to clients on MES and MOM systems
- Proactively instigate improvements within OT systems
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in MES and MOM systems
Benefits and perks
This role is located in an office close to cafes, shops and public transport in Geelong’s River precinct.
We offer a competitive salary, family-friendly conditions, high-end technology and opportunities for career advancement.
Skills and experience
The person will have a degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
The successful candidate will also have 2+ years’ experience in:
- High level personal computer skills and technical ability
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Working safely
- Time management skills – the ability to manage and prioritise day to day workload whilst at the same time meeting both internal and client deadlines
- Professional and confidential approach with a positive attitude
- Problem solving, thinking logically and curiosity to do things better
- Demonstrated experience to deal effectively with people at all levels in a manner that represents excellent customer service
- Knowledge of PLC programming and SCADA systems is desirable but not essential
If you are an Operational Technology Specialist looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity at a company that values work-life balance, we encourage you to apply for this position. Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and experience.